17.9.13

September LFW 13 Round Up

Another September another Fashion Week down! New York went quick but LFW always flies and what a cracker it was. I must say I don't look forward to the SS shows as much as the AW just because I generally enjoying seeing winter clothes over the summer ones but nonetheless I had some definite favs of the week and a couple of disappointments.

I usually always enjoy Topshop Unique, winter or summer as they always put on a good show but I was really disappointed by the collection this season. It definitely lacked wow factor for me, even if Cara was opening and closing it. It could of been because last season they introduced a new interactive feature called 'model cam' which enabled viewers to see what the models were seeing with the use of cameras placed in their bags. This was interesting and new and the catwalk space was not the norm. All these features paired with the good collection made it really good and this year just didn't live up to it for me, sorry Toppers!



On a happier note, a show that never fails to deliver for me was Mulberry. The simple english heritage vibe it has always radiates through on the catwalk. I loved their use of brights, stripes and the matching totes were amazing. I'm also glad to see white is well and truly in again for next year. To top it all off, the British bull dog Turbo in his matching floral print mac was priceless! I don't know is this is becoming a permanent thing but I don't mind if it is; super cute.



Lily Coles interpretive dance was a er, different way of opening a fashion show this season but Vivienne Westwood has has always been a wild one, and this season was no different. None the less I thoroughly enjoyed it. The clothes themselves seemed quite tame, and there was one dress in particular, a navy 3/4 length sleeve shift dress which I could def see myself in. Not quite sure what I made of the zombie-esque make up but that can be over looked when the clothes are nice. Her Red Lebel signature draping neck lines were back as well which I loved.


My final fav would just have to be Erdem. I just found the collection absolutely beautiful; the lace dressing and ruffle trimming was stunning and just made me instantly feel summer after seeing it espesh in this sudden burst of cold weather. Also the majority of it was monochrome which of course is a winner for me. I did get a slightly gothic vibe for SS but I didn't mind it.



So these are just a few of my favs from this seasons LFW, were there any stand out shows for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment