11.9.13

Has Tom Ford Lost His Fashion Crown?

According to Colin McDowell in a recent talk head at my university, Tom Ford is no longer relevant in the fashion world. However since then, he's opened up a store on Sloane St - of course an expensive retail space so does this beg to differ? I think so. Along with the store launch came an exclusive new fragrance, Private Blend London which is described as being 'rich' and 'spiced.'

It seems to me that if he is was dying out to the fashion world, he's trying to claw his way back with this store and a perfume named after the location it's being set up in. We're all a sucker for a gimmick so I think it will do well.

In the new store is also a unique section allocated for make up and fragrances, but not just fr women but for men also! Is she taking it too far by having make up for men? The amount of products on the market these days for men would probably beg to differ but the average man I believe would have to draw a line at make up. It's right for a certain market, maybe one that can afford Tom Ford, but the majority in this economic climate cannot so I don't think it will be a smash hit. Nice try though eh Tom.


Tom has admitted in an interview that he gets countless compliments on his skin and puts it all down to his shameless bronzer wearing. He's also said he knows countless men who steal their partners concealer to hide the odd blemish here and there which is understandable but I think when it comes down to actually going into a shop and buying it themselves, men have too much pride to do it. Definitely a no no in my eyes but I will watch and see if the sales are proficient.


No comments:

Post a Comment