30.4.13

The Jacket Edit

1. // H&M £29.99 2. // Zara £105 3. // Topshop £65 4. // Missguided £37.99  5. // River Island £30

I never ever used to like wearing jackets or coats but recently all I've been thinking about is the jacket. I don't know if its my age and the fact my style is evolving and finding itself, but I just can't get them off my mind! I tend to wear a lot of black all year round, well during definitely AW12, but I feel that a fancy jacket can bright up any black and white outfit and take the attention away from it. Above are a few of my high street favs. I love the H&M pink jacket, which I actually own and have worn to death since I bought it. It's a faux suede material which isn't the most practical of material, but as long as you don't wear it to the pub, you should be fine. Another love of mine is the fact it has silver hardware. Nothing annoys me more then when you find something you love and it has gold metal on it


1. // ACNE £1000 2. // Helmet Lang £565 3. // Burberry Brit £395 4. // J Brand £1069 5. // IRO £475

Although they may be slightly out of my price range, a girl can always dream. These are some of my more high end picks of the jackets out on the market right now. My personal favourite is the Acne Mape Petite Biker Jacket purely because of the colour; you won't be missed in that number. 

Nothing has appeared on WGSN lately about jackets, and jackets being a stand out piece in the coming seasons, but they must have made quite an appearance on the catwalks in Fashion Week to be all over the high street like they are. I am now a converted jacket lover.

There has always been a big debate with high street and high street clothing over quality. The high street has a stigma that because it's not as expensive, that the quality is automatically poorer. But is this necessarily true? Apparently not. The factories that high street clothes are made in are exactly the same. For example, Abercrombie & Fitch and Primark. Okay, A&F isn't exactly luxury fashion but they use exactly the same cotton that Primark do. There is no sign of Egyptian cotton which is said to be better, so therefore you can't technically say that just because you're paying a premium for it, that you're getting a better product. I've owned A&F clothing in the past which has got so many holes in from god knows what and many a Primark jersey which has never failed me, with no holes or pules in sight. So although I've got some of my favourite designer jackets compared to high street, doesn't mean that any of them would better than the high street versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment