24.4.13

High Heels Out, Kitten Heels In

Yes, I'm just as shocked you are. I don't know who thought that kitten heels were EVER okay but apparently the era of the 'slag' heel is over. Who states this? None other than Catherine Deneuve. In her latest book she has revealed that 'one cannot walk properly in very high heels.' Okay, that is nice for you but why do you have to ruin it for the rest of us Deneuve!!

Catherine is probably best known for her role in Belle de Jour, where she plays the housewife of bourgeois, who turns to afternoon prostitution to relieve her bordem. She wears seemingly high heels in the film, but it's only coming out now about her true footwear preference.

Kurt Geiger has revealed they've had a significant rise in sales of smaller heeled shoes compared to the extreme heights of some of the shoes they sell. To me, the shoes heels (below) don't scream 'sexy' at all. Actually they don't scream anything but frumpy. Even Louboutin has dabbled in a slightly, I say slightly, smaller heel compared to usual sky high heel, and even that is estranged to me.



1. // Topshop £42 2. // Stella McCartney £590 3. // Louboutin £395  
4. // Zara £69.99  5. // Kurt Geiger £85


For me, kitten heels will never be an option. I feel because I'm shorter I can get away with extremely ridiculous shoes that give me a few more inches or 6. If I were an above average girl I think I'd feel different. However, celebrities are bringing it back in which ultimately is what influences women. Flats or even smaller heels don't have to be frumpy it just depends on how you style them. What does everyone else think?

1 comment:

  1. kittens are my fave! It might as well be my everyday shoe. Lov'em.

    ReplyDelete