13.4.13

Biba and Beyond



Me and my uni friends jollied on down to Brighton this Friday for the Biba and Beyond exhibition at the Brighton Museum and Art Gallery. I know this might sound quite criminal, but I didn't really know a lot about Biba and Barbara Hulanicki before the visit which is why I was quite keen to go and build my knowledge on it; as I am a fashion student after all.

The exhibition itself was quite small, but the content of it was very interesting. It was filled with quotes from her and people in the industry such as Twiggy about her, videos of Barbara talking about her work which were very informative and of course some of her real life works. It even featured some pieces she'd done for Topshop which I'd seen and didn't even know where hers! She was a fashion illustrator before she turned to design and I think I enjoyed her drawings more than the clothes, they're so feminine and detailed and the graphics of the exhibition/her works really inspired me (it reminded me a lot of the graphics for new The Great Gatsby film.)

It's only on till April 14th so if you live local or have the time to go down before then I'd def recommend it, and not just for those who are fashion enthusiasts, as there were a lot of older ladies there too..

Just a quick thought, I've had a fedora hat on all day (because the weather was horrid) yet I've had it off for about 2 hours now but still feel like I have it on... random.


No comments:

Post a Comment