18.4.13

Easy VS Joni



Just about everyone and their mother knows or has heard about the American Apparel Easy jean, but how could you not, they are stunning. However, what is not so stunning is the price tag. At a whopping £64 (and I thought toppers jeans were pricey for what they are, but clearly not) they are at the higher end price range for jeans. Yes they do look amazing on, they're figure hugging in all the right places and similar to their disco pant they seem to suck you in which is always a plus.  The only thing which I don't love is the length. They don't vary in leg lengths which mean you have to spend more money having them taken up if you don't like that scrunched up effect by your ankles which I personally don't. The assortment of colours they come in however is great. They have anything from your standard light and dark denim to light wash pink and turquoise.



And then along comes Topshops 'dupe' version called the Joni jean. I couldn't say I wasn't curious so had to check them out. I'm personally not a denim lover so for me this was a real test. They come in both the standard range, tall and petite which I really like because I'm only 5'2 and find the petite length 28 is perfect for me so I snapped up the black pair. They arrived 2 days ago and all I can say is I've been converted. These jeans are amazing. They mould to your body shape, just like the AA easy jeans say they supposedly do, they are high waisted and look EXACTLY the same. These also come in a range of colours which is nice for SS13.



So for me, purely because of the price, I'd go for the Topshop ones because you're getting exactly the same jean, potentially a better leg length for us taller and shorter gals for half the price. So if you've loved the easy jean but couldn't afford the price tag, pick up the Joni's asap, it's definitely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. great post! I'm currently stuck on which ones to buy! I'm thinking the Topshop ones as you said they come in a range of size for the waist which is good! xo

    http://victoriasanusi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete