19.10.13

Westwood's Heritage Collaborations

Dame viv has been very busy the past coming months. She needs to be on a collaboration hype, making her mark with a range of heritage brands. First it was The Cambridge Satchel; these lary print beauties are true Westwood sale and hit the online store Monday 14th October. Since I wear a lot of black, I love spicing it up with colourful accessories, and these would make a perfect addition in my wardrobe. However, I'm not too keen on the gold logo embellishment; if only they had the option to make it silver. The white and read print is my fav! Which is yours?

The heritage luggage brand Globetrotter also got the Westwood treatment with her creating a tartan-lined case which comes with leather luggage belt, and straps in the her distinct squiggle print and finished off with a foil embossed luggage tag - amazing! 

It seems now more than ever that heritage brands are standing out, especially as the country is still in the midst of a recession, now more than ever we should be buying British. The collaborations to me seem like such a good idea, and not just because I love Vivienne Westwood. She has also collaboration with Lock&Co, Johnstons of Elgin and Pantherella. What do you make of the heritage collabs? 


No comments:

Post a Comment