30.10.13

Bright Lights, Big City



Bit of a lengthy post this one is, but wanted to share some of my snaps with you from my latest trip to the Big Apple! Literally got back this morning and had such an amazing time. This was my second time returning to the city, and I just love it. You can have to get past some of the occasional rude people you come across, huchum, the cabbies, but apart from that there's so much to do and see there, you can never say you've truly seen it all. 

The trip was my 21st birthday present so of course it involved a lot of shopping but I wanted to take in a few of the sites. I've done the typical tourists bits in a previous trip such as the Statue of Liberty (which I couldn't get in the crown because of the 9/11 attacks unfortunately) and the Empire State Building but mostly wanted to see things like the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Public Library - to have my Cary Bradshaw moment of course.

Something I did take in a lot of was the huge department stores visual merchandising. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems there is a huge amount of spent on it. Every designer shop managed to catch my eye. This could be because generally all the stores windows, especially on Fifth Avenue, were so huge, but I found it really impressive. I'd never been into Saks or Bergdorf's which was a really nice experience. I don't know how I'd compare it to our Harrods or Selfridges, but the displays where definitely immaculate.

These really are just a select few of the hundreds I took, I couldn't possibly list all the good things to see and do as there are sooo many. Definitely do the most touristy bits and dedicate a couple of days to them and then days for shopping and other sites like that otherwise I feel I walked back on myself when I tried to cram in too much in one day. Any good recommendations of things to see and do in NYC that aren't the norm? Always wanted as I know i'll be going back, even if it takes me another few years to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment