30.10.13

Oh Sweet Milano

I always find Italian fashion to be very different to that of London, but in a good way. There are many raising stars in Milan fashion right now who should be celebrated.

For example, Stella Jean from Rome. She's been supported by Armarni and and is already stocked at matchesfashion.com. I took a quick look at her latest collection from Milan Fashion Week spring/summer 2014 and It's definitely got a Mediterranean vibe to it, that's probably the best way I'd describe it, but with a city edge. The 34 year old mother of two won the Vogue Italia's Who's On Next talent contest in 2011 and her dresses sold out basically before they'd even landed at Matches for the past two seasons, so it seems this lady has made her mark quite rapidly in Milan so far.



Stella Jean


Another rising talent is MSGM. Launched in 2009, the DJ and designer Massimo Giogetti are already quite established also being stocked at Matches. But this year they debuted at their first Milan Fashion Week. There spring summer 14 collection has been described as thirties Hollywood to tiki glamour - an interesting mix. I've got to say, the orange and blue shift dress below is quite the dream.



MSGM


And lastly there's Marco De Vincenzo who's said to be on LVMH's to-buy list - the dude must be good then. I must say out of the three, I think I rate his collection the most. I'm such a fan of the minimalistic look when it comes to dressing, and I'm getting such a vibe of this from his work. It looks sleek and sophisticated - WINNING. 



Marco De Vincenzo

Who's your fav? Any upcoming Italian designers I've missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment