15.5.13

What Makes Things 'Cool'?


I don't think I've ever been asked this before, and honestly, I don't know. I feel it's quite subjective in a way because what I may find cool someone else may find stupid or silly but I guess this can happen quite frequently in fashion since no two people dress the same. (The above is very true btw.)


Urban Dictionary describes 'cool' as as way of describing somethings 'awesomeness' (thanks UD) and something that never goes out of fashion. The word cool makes things sound new and fresh to me.

Speaking generally, I feel if something is different or quite quirky, it can be considered 'cool.' For example their is such a hype over Tumblr and the 'Tumblr-in' community as a lot of things posted on their are 'cool' and a lot of it is like 'is this real life!?' if that makes any sense as a lot of the images on their seem to good to be true; I.E some of the food and images of girls/boys. Things that haven't been seen before are cool or 'vintage' seems to be cool recently such as that charity shop look and really barginous finds from there. If it's safe it's considered boring so if it's out there its cool??


How would you would describe what makes things cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment