28.7.13

Paris Fashion Week Round Up

Yeah I know I am a bit late off the band wagon here but I've been away, started my placement for uni la la la and general life has been getting in the way but anywho, onto the point of the post-
To kick off the week of Haute Couture was Versace with none other than Naomi Campbell. This was upon Donatella's request which I found quite interesting. Of course Miss Campbell wouldn't turn it down. Nonetheless she looked stunning in an embellished black one-piece. Versace's inspo for the collection was the elegance of black and white photos and old old films which she has clearly executed beautifully. What a way to have kicked off the weeks events. Surprisingly, a lot of the pieces seemed a lot more wearable than your average haute couture piece, such as one black figure-hugging cocktail dress. Stop dreaming Grace

Naomi for Versace

Another shocker of the week was the re-appearance of Schiaparelli. Christina Lacroix produced a one of collection that would not go on sale for any price, and I mean ANY! Did he miss a vital trick here? But maybe Lacroix just wanted to create a buzz for the fashion industry and potentially steal the so called 'spot light' of the week as it were. Especially with some pieces going for as much as £80,000. However it was not shown through catwalk but installation at the Musee Arts Decoratifs. I've just got to say, those pom pom hats (if I can call them that) are insane


Schiaparelli installation with sketch

One of my personal favs of the week was Isabel Marant. With the immanent arrival of her colab with H&M looming fast, she didn't fail to deliver with her own brand. Everything shown I just loved and could wear easily; monochrome till I die people! What were your highlights of the week?? I'd love to know.

Isabel Marant

No comments:

Post a Comment