19.6.13

London Collections Round Up

As I'm sure you're well aware, the London Collections took place last week and into this week. I won't bore you with a complete low down as you've probably read it everywhere and anywhere by now, but thought I'd let you know a few of my personal favs from the couple of days.

From Sunday, I absolutely LOVED the Jonathan Saunders show, there was one jacket in particular, that had the best array of colours in a waved pattern through out it, that just stood out for me. And a metallic neon yellow bomber which was just amazing.

Jonathan Saunders jackets

Another designer that stood out for me was Shaun Samson. There was just something about the contrasting soft pink colours against the harsh blacks and greys as well as his use of silver, because we all know I can't get enough of silver. Did I say I liked silver? The flowy, almost feminine lines was really nice to see also.


Shaun Samson SS14

If someone said they didn't enjoy one of Burberrys shows, they'd be lying. I really liked how each model had their own man-clutch or quant back pack, which worked so effortlessly well with Christopher Baileys clean sophisticated style. The colours were so preppy and clean, it all just worked so well together.



Burberry


I really love how the BFC have integrated the London Collections into a main fashion event. As I said in my previous post about the fashionistas that are forever hungry for more, it bridges the gap between the major September and January weeks. I'm not a big Menwears fan, but I really did enjoying looking what each designer had to offer. As well as the clothes, the fashion show sets for me were interesting to see, especially Alexander McQueen who never fails to deliver something just a tad out of the ordinary as well as Saville Row with their cricket ground setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment